Every responsible person thinks about a secured financial future for his or her family. However, acting to secure the financial future one has to plan in advance. Here are some steps that could help you towards financial freedom in the future.
1. Manage expenses: Financial advisors say expenses are the backbone of an individual’s financial planning. To spend judiciously, learn the difference between needs and wants. Once you know the difference, it becomes easy to control unnecessary expenses. Remember, as you manage your expenses, your savings would increase which could be invested smartly for wealth creation in the long run.
2. Identify financial goals: Zero in on financial goals and set deadlines for each of the goals. The next steps are to measure those goals and regularly check your progress. Be flexible for course correction in case of any divergence from the planned course.
3. Buy risk covers: Have adequate insurance to protect those who are dependent on you financially. Buy a life insurance plan. Also have health cover for the whole family and insure your house.
4. Take calculated risks, not blind ones: You should not be afraid to take risks but should not invest based on tips. Aversion to risks could also be due to lack of understanding of investment products. So try to understand the basics of investing and finance.
5. Don’t fear numbers: Often women are found to be fearful of numbers, which eventually leads them to depend on others for their financial decisions. Women should not fear numbers but should be in-charge of the situation and take decisions about what they really want financially. Number crunching could be delegated to someone else.
6. Ensure inflation-plus returns: Always ensure that your investments give you returns which can beat the inflation rate. Else you would end up with a negative real rate and in the long run you will not create wealth.
7. Get a good financial advisor: Choose a financial advisor after proper due diligence because if you get a good person to handhold you with your financial plan, the advisor, like a friend, will remain with you for life.
MONETONIC FINANCIAL SERVICES PVT LTD